5 Key Tips When Trying New Skincare
Over the last few years I have been paying more attention to my skin. After trying various types of product, I have come to realise that while there are many things to consider when it comes to your skin, the main factors can be summed up in 5 key points, or tips:
1. Know what skin type you have. Is it dry, oily, combination or normal? Then you can look for more hydrating or moisturising products or a combination of both, accordingly.
2. The above is the first of very many questions that can be asked about your skin. Another one: Is it sensitive? Then I would definitely suggest using a more natural or organic brand. Look out for words such as 'paraben-free' and 'essential-oil free'.
3. Be consistent in using your products. That's the only way you're going to know if they work. At least give the skin 28 days, a full cycle, to renew itself while using the product.
4. Do not be afraid to mix products from different brands. Maybe not too many, especially if they're high in chemicals. The more natural, the less chance there is of there being an adverse affect. But, everyone's skin is different and some more robust than others. All you can do is try.
5. Create a realistic routine for yourself. You may only use three items as part of your skincare routine or you may use 10 - it doesn't matter. What's more important is that whatever you use is right for your skin.